- Information You Submit
- We also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our Website pages such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, internet protocol addresses, and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- The Personal Information you provide to the Company enables us to enhance the services we may provide, and also lets you access certain services offered on the Website. We may use Personal Information to communicate with you for reasons that include, but are not limited to: to contact you to respond to an inquiry that you send to us, to notify you when you have won one of our contests or when we make changes to our membership agreements, to fulfill a request by you, to contact you about your account with us, or to keep you informed about the Company, the Website, the services we provide. There may be instances where you may choose to communicate with us by e-mail. If you communicate with the Company by e-mail, then you agree that e-mail sent by the Company to you will be considered to be sent with your consent. You acknowledge and agree that any such email will be accessible to anyone who has access to your e-mail.
- We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them your gifts or messages. From time to time, we also may use this information to offer our products, programs, or services to them.
- The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services. If you choose to submit content for publication, we may publish your screen name and other information you have provided to us.
- In addition, we may transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company.
- In order to provide you with services we offer, or to complete transactions or requests you initiate through the Website, we may transfer you to outside services provided by third-party operators. In certain instances, the third-party content may be “framed” in such a way it appears you are still on our Website. In those cases where the third-party content is “framed,” you no longer will be at the AGACL.com Website. But in those cases, we will have agreements with those third parties whose web sites to which you may be transferred, under which the third parties agree to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
- Purchases, Surveys, Contests and Promotions
- From time to time, we may offer the opportunity to order and purchase goods or services, or may offer the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, to purchase a membership, or to participate in one of our online forums or communities (“Events”). Those Events may be sponsored solely by the Company, or in conjunction with third parties. As a condition of participating in those Events, you may be asked to provide Personal Information. That Personal Information may, under the rules governing such events, be used by the sponsoring parties for marketing purposes. Even if you previously elected not to receive information or mailings from third parties or us you may still receive information through your participation in these Events. If you are under the age of 18, you may not be able to participate in certain (or any) Events, or may be subject to special rules regarding your participation in certain Events. The rules governing each Event will be clearly posted, as will notification about how the information gathered may be used
- The types of Personal Information that may be collected at Events pages may include, but is not limited to the following: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services, and you also may be able to submit information about other people (collectively, “Events Personal Information”). For example, you might submit another person's name and e-mail address to ship a product to in order to send a product directly to that other person, you might submit the recipient's name and address. The types of Events Personal Information that may be collected about other people at these pages may include, but is not limited to the following: recipient's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. At certain parts of the Website, only persons who provide us with the requested Personal Information will be able to participate in Events.
- We do not record or store credit card information; as we use a secure third party to take in, handle, and process all credit card information. That third-party provider is Payscape Advisors.
- Children’s Privacy Online
This Site is made available to adults age 18 or older. We do not attempt to obtain any information from anyone under the age of 18. In addition, we understand children’s privacy is important. Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, then you should not submit Personal Information on the Website or any web sites without the consent of your parent or guardian.
- Technical Information
- When you visit the Website, we collect certain information that is not Personal Information. For example, we collect information about usage of the Website, such as the number of visitors to the Website and the number of users that click on certain links or utilize certain services. We use industry standard software to create summary statistics of the usage data we collect, that we store and review in the aggregate. We may then use those summary statistics for purposes that may include, but are not limited to highlighting what our visitors find interesting, improving the Website design specifications, identifying system performance issues, and for other internal purposes.
- We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
- How We Use IP Addresses. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number automatically assigned to your computer every time you browse the Internet. When you visit the Website, our servers log your current IP address. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Website. While we gather data when our servers log your IP address, we do not tie your IP address to your Personal Information, and it is not used to identify you.
While browsing the Website, you may encounter links to other third-party operated web sites. If you click on one of these hypertext links to view one of these third-party operated websites, then these other third-party web sites may send their own cookies to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit Personal Information. THE COMPANY DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
- We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
Association of Government Attorneys In Capital Litigation (AGACL)
1108 Lavaca St., Ste.110 Box 141
Austin, TX 78701